Preacher: Pastor Ray
Our Heavenly Father wants His children to seek Him so that He can deliver us from deeply rooted sins such as lust and bitterness.
The Lord wants you to seek Him so that He can deliver you from sin. Here are 3 observations from the Psalms:
1) Boastful words overflow from a heart that is proud.
2) Critical words overflow from a heart that is judgmental.
3) Harsh words overflow from a heart that is angry.
Read Psalm 19.
– Are your words and the meditations of your heart acceptable to the Lord?
Read Hebrews 12.
– What is the author of Hebrews accusing his audience of not doing regarding the deep roots of their sins?
– What is the motivation for us to struggle against sin?
– Why do we grow fainthearted in our struggle against sin?
– What makes this struggle against sin bearable?
– What are we actually enduring when we struggle against sin?
– What are 3 goals of the Father’s discipline? [Read Heb 12:10-12] – Why might we not yield to the Father’s discipline? Consider the warning of Esau.
– What are the consequences for those who refuse the Father’s discipline?
Read 2 Cor 10:3-5.
– How do we fight against deeply rooted sins such as bitterness and lust?